Sunday, May 26, 2013

The State of My Home #4

Previous Goals
  • Keep up with the dishes
  • Keep up with the laundry
  • Keep the top of the piano clear
  • Clean the floor around the piano
  • De-clutter the kitchen counters
  • Get the kids' clothing stored properly
This has been a pretty rough week.  We've had many days with outings that have broken up our normal routine and it has really impacted my cleaning routine.  My husband and I celebrated our anniversary this week, my oldest had her monthly science and music classes and we went to clean the kitchen of the camp I'll be cooking for in a couple of weeks. 

I'm still in good shape on dishes, thanks to some help from my husband.  The top of the piano is in great shape, so I think I'm going to start adopting a "no knickknacks" rule throughout the house.  I did clean around the piano and while a few things have migrated back to that area, it's still much better than it was.

Can we just pretend the rest of the goals didn't exist?  No?  Well, I'm probably three loads behind on folding laundry and I've got another load folded but not put away.  I didn't touch the kitchen counters at all.  My husband got some of the clothing stored, but we still have more to do.

I know the next four weeks will be rough as well, so wish me luck.

Goals
  • Keep up with the dishes
  • Keep up with the laundry
  • De-clutter the kitchen counters
  • Get the kids' clothing stored properly
We're having a new refrigerator delivered Tuesday, so that will provide some motivation to get the kitchen and living room to a presentable state.  But, I'll be making at least three more trips to camp in the next week and spending time making shopping lists and adjusting the menus for the number of people I'll be feeding this year.  I'm getting worn out just thinking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment