Friday, May 3, 2013

The Question I'm Pondering

I recently purchased a bundle of ebooks including 31 Days to Clean by Sarah Mae.  I haven't made it past the first day because I'm struggling with the question it's asking me to answer, "Why do I want a clean home?"  Why do I?  I don't know.  Maybe that's why my previous attempts to master my mess have failed; I haven't identified a reason I think is good enough to motivate me to keep it clean.

My first thought when I read the question is that I want a house that's clean enough to share with family and friends, but with further thought I found a problem.  My family should deserve a clean home, not just visitors.  My husband and children shouldn't have to live in a cluttered home just because no one has visited the past few days.

Another possible but faulty answer, that has been the source of much guilt over the years, is that my mom kept her home clean and so should I.  I am not my mom, but I beat myself up over some of these differences.

I do know that I want my children to grow up in an orderly house.  I want them to learn how to keep their own things tidy.  I want this to be better for them.

I feel like there is more to the answer that I have yet to identify, so for now I will continue to ponder.  In the meantime, I'm working through the steps in 28 Days to Hope for Your Home by Dana White in order to start getting some of the routines in place that I badly need.

No comments:

Post a Comment