Sunday, May 19, 2013

The State of My Home #3

Previous Goals
  • Keep up with the dishes
  • Get caught up on the laundry and make sure it gets put away
  • Get the top of the top of the piano cleared off so my middle child can stop climbing up the piano to investigate what's up there
  • Find the parts I lost from the baby's extra car seat, get it put back together and get it installed in my husband's car. 
It's been a good week!  I need to fold and put away the laundry I've washed today, but other than that I've kept up with the goals this week.  I cleared everything except a lamp off the piano.  I used to have some decorative items on it, but I think it's too easy for me to overlook clutter when I have to distinguish it from things that are supposed to be there.  This way, if there's anything there I know it's out of place.  If it works on the piano the next couple of weeks, I'll try to adopt a clear surfaces rule throughout my home.

I need to de-clutter in my kitchen, but I'm really encouraged by how much better it's been the last few weeks.  My living room is a disaster, compounded by purchasing used clothes for the kids that need to be sorted and put away until they're needed.

Goals
  • Keep up with the dishes
  • Keep up with the laundry
  • Keep the top of the piano clear
  • Clean the floor around the piano
  • De-clutter the kitchen counters
  • Get the kids' clothing stored properly

No comments:

Post a Comment